Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has boasted that his government has made it illegal for parents and health care workers to encourage gender confused youth to accept their biological reality. After the bill passed he tweeted:
“As of today, it’s official: Conversion therapy is banned in Canada. Our government’s legislation has come into force – which means it is now illegal to promote, advertise, benefit from, or subject someone to this hateful and harmful practice. LGBTQ2 rights are human rights.”
The term “conversion therapy” is broad and includes simply talking about the issue. No-one is advocating or practicing harmful interventions and yet governments around the world are conflating extreme, out-dated practices with parents caring for their own children.
The bill has passed through all levels of government with harsh penalties for those who break the new laws.
Under Bill C-4, several new offenses have been created within Canada’s criminal code, including:
- Subjecting another person to conversion therapy, including by providing conversion therapy to that person
- Removing a child from the country with the intention of sending them to conversion therapy outside of Canada
- Promoting or advertising conversion therapy
- Receiving a financial or other material benefit from the provision of conversion therapy
- Anyone convicted of causing another person to undergo conversion therapy faces a prison term of up to five years, while individuals who promote, advertise, or materially benefit from conversion therapy may face up to two years in prison, according to the bill.
Binary spokeswoman, Kirralie Smith, said the trend is disturbing.
“Parents, pastors, and health care workers can now be subject to fines and imprisonment for encouraging young people to embrace who they really are according to biological facts,” she said.
“Instead, they must stand by and enable gender confused youth to appropriate the opposite sex.
“This will do untold harm to countless children as evidenced by the increasing number of de-transitioners who now regret buying into trans ideology.”
Do you like this page?