The bill seeking to legislate genderless birth certificates and gender reassignment via stat dec has already passed the lower house of the Tasmanian parliament.
This is our opportunity to petition the upper house not to pass this bill into law.
The repercussions of such a law would be innumerable, but to name a few:
- Females in sport will be discriminated against, having to compete against trans girls and women
- Women’s services, shelters and prisons will be compromised
- Essential information may not be provided to healthcare providers
- Children will be further encouraged to follow a trans lifestyle of hormone treatments and surgery
- ‘Single-sex’ schools, sports, institutions of any kind will be a thing of the past
- Biological females’ rights will be trumped by trans rights
- Schools and other institutions will be under even greater pressure to support transgender affirmation
- Parents will be able to change a child’s registered sex in accordance with the child’s ‘will and preferences’
- It may be unlawful to ‘misgender’ a person who looks and acts like a male but identifies as female or vice-versa
This isn’t about erasing discrimination, it’s about eradicating gender.
Babies should have their gender recorded on their birth certificates regardless of what they may decide later in life.
And signing a stat dec does nothing to alter someone’s gender.